Phase I: COMPLETED
* ADA access improvements
– Paving to the entry
* ADA restrooms
* Family restroom: Private space for individuals with disability or those in need of assistance. This includes a baby changing station.
* Glass garage door for natural light & loading
* Fire sprinklers throughout the whole building
* Insulation in the ceiling and the finished walls in and around the bathrooms
* Utility improvements – water, sewer, and electrical upgrades
* HVAC improvements to make the building operable year round, the building currently
has limited and inadequate heat
The La Pine Event Center is an ambitious, achievable and sorely needed project for this rural community of approximately 18,000, comprised of an estimated 1,600 in the incorporated City of La Pine, and the remainder in the unincorporated area of Deschutes County ranging from Lava Butte (Sunriver) on the north, to the southernmost boundary of the county on the south. Also served by this project will be the roughly 1,000 residents of Gilchrist and Crescent, in adjacent Lake County.
Within the first full year of operations, we will enroll at least 160 children and youth in the La Pine Community School program. 100 of these youth will be referrals from the School District, identified as those needing the academic, behavioral, and relationship support offered by the program activities. The other 60 students will be self‐referred as they are attracted to the fun activities and opportunities available at the Youth Center.